Tuesday, March 15, 2011

A Very Pathetic but Much Needed Update

First I would like to say Pictures will follow!  So much has been going on lately the thought of updating my blog was daunting but tonight I sat down and decided it needed to be done! So I will start with last Sept. 2010.  My wonderful mom came into town to help with the new baby (that wasn't there yet), to help pack and pretty much keep me sane (really didn't work).  Well most of you know my babies really don't get the memo ITS TIME TO COME OUT so when we finally forced Talmage Scott here 8 days after his due date and the day before part 3 boards for my husband we were very excited!  After 11 hours of trying to start contractions they finally came and within an hour he was with us weighing 7 Ibs 4 oz 21" long.  He had dark hair, blue eyes and the cutest (according  to Drew and I) little face!  We got home that night at 10, Drew rushed off to bed to get some sleep for the next two days.  I will have to confess I felt great after having Talmage it was just those hormones that where a little overwhelming. The next week was a whirlwind (mostly I remember a lot of tears) as we had 5 days to pack up the whole apartment, adjust to a new  baby and say goodbye to daddy for 3 months. Yes, there were times I felt I was going CRAZY and my mom would probably agree, Drew really does, but now I laugh about the whole thing.  So we came home to Utah and it was such a blessing to have my family there to help me and support me.  During that time my boys got really close to grandparents and aunts and uncles.  Drew had some amazing experiences in Bogota Colombia and I went down for a week to see him.  We had a great time and just went sightseeing.  The Andes where amazing, the people were incredible, my favorite part was the food.  So good!  We learned Salsa from one of Drews friends down there that happened to be a professional Salsa Dancer/Singer in Colombia and a great teacher. We did a lot of other things but honestly I don't remember what they are called, how they are spelled so pictures will follow. Drew finally came home (Emmett didn't recognize him at first) but then he would not leave his side.  We did have some trouble getting Drew home though.  He got left in Colombia, not a good feeling when you think your husband is almost to the States and then you get a call from outside the country with the first words saying "Um something happened...." when he finally landed in Utah luggage was lost but the airline found it so we could enjoy all the suveniors and having all of his clothes was great also. Drew was in Utah for 4 days and we packed up and headed to Dallas for graduation and saying good bye to some friends since a great offer came to us while Drew was gone.  Graduation was wonderful, they really made it nice and it was great to take some deep breaths and move on from school life.  We had a great time in Dallas but we felt sad too. All of our stuff, our car was still there in storage since we were going to settle there. We flew back to Utah dropped Emmett off at my parents and the next day flew to the wonderful city of Cleveland Ohio.  Oh yes! Looks like we are Clevelanders. Anyway we enjoyed Christmas in Utah poor Drew had to fly back to Dallas pack up our stuff, drive from Dallas to Utah drop off our old car for my sister and packed up our new van, flew his brother in from Vegas and drove out to Cleveland.  Did I mention this was daunting?  There are about 1000 other things that happened but I don't have the energy to relive them so we will just skip all of that.  Finally we are settled. Drew has been working the past 6 weeks as an Independent Contractor and this week he hit a new high with 37 patients scheduled.  We are still very busy but I will have to copy what somebody told us when we first got here.  Cleveland gets a bad rap!  They really do, its very pretty here, we love our ward! We are in the Kirtland Ohio Stake, and Kirtland is beautiful! There is a ton of stuff to do, so we really like it up here in our little paradise. Our family is doing great.  Emmetts all time best line though is: 'It's snowing again, I ate the snow!"  Yes ate is really HATE.  I just tell him "Well you probably should get used to it" Talmage is growing so fast, he is about the easiest baby ever. He rarely makes a peep and is always happy.  Anyway there is my shortened condensed version of our life.

5 comments:

Jolynn said...

Jenn! It's so good to see an update on here! Life sure can get hectic. Especially when you've had a lot of life changing events, which it sounds like you have. I can't believe you are in Ohio! That will be a fun adventure. Can't wait to see pictures of your boys!

Teryl and Tammy said...

So good to hear what's going on with your little family! Wow - Cleveland. My sister actually lives there. They are in Parma while her husband is in podiatry school. They've really enjoyed their time there, and I hope you do too. We're starting an independent contractorship on Monday! I hope we'll eventually be up to 37 patient, too. I'm so happy for you!!!

Teryl and Tammy said...

Sorry, my mom is signed into her google account on the computer. This is actually Allison Serr, not Teryl and Tammy

Natalie and Nate said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Natalie and Nate said...

Jenn! Wow, what a crazy few months but how exciting- CONGRATULATIONS on many things...it has only been forever! I am glad to read about fun adventures and life for you guys-sounds so exciting :)