So I couldn't resist, if you haven't ever looked at www.seriouslysoblessed.blogspot.com you should. It's pretty entertaining and pretty much makes fun of some of those bloggers out there! But as I said I really couldn't resist....As I was up at Yes! 4 am this morning and just thinking about life I couldn't help but feel really blessed about my life and my family, as I know many of you also feel. I have to say I was inspired last week. One of my friends had made a, short of amazing, book about her family's life over the past year. I could not believe the stories and memories she had written down about her daughter and their life. I have thought alot about it and then reading one of my other friends blogs I realized that I am letting little daily memories really fall through the cracks. I tell my husband, my mom usually and maybe a friend or two but I do not have them written down. So for my family history and mostly for my son, who is growing up way too fast and won't be little forever, I decided I needed to get some of these stories down before I forget them!
I have found to spend some quality time with Emmett everyday we usually make a mid-afternoon snack together and then we sit down and eat it together. He loves it because he gets to help mommy in the kitchen and he gets to sample everything also. Sampling is the best part......Anyway we had made a snack and we were sitting across from each other just talking when I started to tell him how he is going to be a big brother when mommy has the baby...I do have to say he did inform me that he was going to have a sister. So I said "O' a little sister, well do you like"...and started rattling off some names. He just looked at me and said "No! Baby Madeleine." Well he does have a little friend that he goes to nursery with and see's pretty often named Madeleine so I said, "O' you like the name Madeleine" "Ahha" Well I didn't think anything of it until Drew came home that night and Emmett also informed him that he was having a "baby sister Madeleine." Who knows?
This is one of my favorites! So if you haven't had a 2 year old for a while, or if you haven't had a 2 year old yet, sometimes they have hard days and little mood swings every now and then or daily! Anyway I hate to say this but sometimes Emmett and I just need dad at home. I don't know if we just get tired of eachother or we need an outsider perspective from our daily routine, we just need dad. So Emmett was crying, and I was rocking him to settle him down. He would calm down and then he would start up again, after about 5 mins he looks at me, shrugs his shoulders and then says, " I need a daddy!" Broke my heart, I said "I know you need a daddy, everybody needs a daddy." The funny part, after I said this he started laughing and told me I was silly! What? O' and as soon a daddy came home all he wanted was mommy! Again, who knows?
Saturday, March 27, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Love it!
So cute!! Hope all is well! We're thinking of you all:)
Post a Comment