Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Hey family and friends! It seems Andrew and I have been out of it for awhile, we are busy trying to keep up with our life down here and trying to figure out how Emmett fits in with everything going on. It's been crazy but we are succeeding! Andrew has about 2 more weeks left of this trimesters and we are excited. It has been one heck of a ride! This is the trimester that everyone warned us about with the amount of test that are taken and how demanding the schedule is. I would be lying if I didn't say Andrew and I are both exhausted but Andrew has stuck in there with keeping up in school and Dr. appointments, he even finds time to spend with Emmett everyday. It's actually funny somedays because Emmett will be crying while Andrew is holding him in one arm rocking him and in the other arm looking at study material for the test he has the next day while walking around helping with household chores! Yes, he is a great support and a great dad...Emmett is doing really well. He has almost doubled his birth weight, last we checked he weighed about 10 1/2-11 Ibs. My milk must be complete cream! He has grown a ton physically and mentally. Everyday he does something new so it is fun, I'm just waiting for him to sleep better. He has been smiling for awhile and laughing. His laugh is getting longer and stronger everyday. He also is quit social, he talks all the time (cooing of course)....He likes it when Andrew and I sing to him and he loves music, when the TV is on he will put his little hands over his ears, so we figured he does not love TV...We got him a swing 2 weeks ago and he loves it. He will just sit in it and look around or just fall asleep. His features are changing daily and he looks more and more like a mixture of Andrew and I. Yesterday I found a picture of Andrew at 6 weeks and yesterday Emmett was 6 weeks so I compared their pictures. Emmett still has Andrew's long body and his eyes and nose but he has my skin tone, lips and smile. We are biased but we think he is adorable. I am recovered for the most part! I just am a little sleep deprived...Anyway we are doing great all in all and we love having Emmett as part as our family, we would never go back :) Love you all and hope this finds you in good health and strength.

No comments: